Singapore Centre for Global Missions (“SCGM”) is a Christian based missionary organisation incorporated and registered in Singapore under the Registrar of Societies, having its principal place of business at 485 Bedok South Ave 2, Singapore 469315. It is not affiliated to any other organisation outside of Singapore.
The purpose of this document Personal Data Protection Policy (the “Policy”) is to inform you of how SCGM manages and processes your Personal Data within the Organisation as well as with any external party (including any natural person or organisation) SCGM engages with. This policy is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”) and/or any advisories issued by The Personal Data Protection Commission.
“Personal Data” means any data about an individual, whether true or not, including any information about a person that can lead to their being identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
It may include but not limited to:
- NRIC, passport, work pass or other identification numbers;
- Telephone and mobile number(s), physical mailing address, electronic mail address, information on payment system including but not limited to any banking related payment details or processes; and
- Network data and any other information electronic or otherwise relating to any individual which you have provided to us in any form.
III. Principles of Personal Data Collection
SCGM will collect and store your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, in compliance with all applicable laws and in line with the below principles.
Your Personal Data shall:
- Be held as confidential;
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully, for legitimate interest of SCGM or the party to whom the data is disclosed or as required to perform a contract or subject to a legal obligation of SCGM;
- Be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes and not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purposes;
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes;
- Be accurate and kept up to date;
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose;
- Be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction;
- Not be transferred to countries outside of Singapore, unless it is in accordance to the operation policy and/or requirements of the Act.
IV. Purposes of Personal Data Collection
SCGM will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for managing the administrative and business operations of SCGM. In particular, your Personal Data may be collected, used and disclosed for the following purposes:
- Providing you with updates and information on SCGM events, newsletters, announcements, appeals, and other publicity materials relevant to SCGM’s and its partners’ activities;
- Providing you with access to our media contents, teaching resources and training materials, and other online resources relevant to SCGM’s and its partners’ activities;
- Responding to your queries and requests;
- Conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine preferences and demographics relevant to SCGM’s objectives and and missions operations;
- Legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- Conducting investigations relating to disputes, suspected illegal or criminal activities, protecting and enforcing SCGM’s contractual rights and other rights and obligations, and manage any other kind of risks SCGM may face in its operations;
- Meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, and any lawful order issued by any legal or regulatory bodies and/or any law enforcement agency and/or orders of courts located in Singapore or elsewhere which are binding on SCGM (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations). SCGM may disclose Personal Data in relation to the aforementioned lawful demands without obtaining prior approval from you; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
V. Consent on Collecting, Using and Disclosing Your Personal Data
You agree and consent to SCGM collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to SCGM’s service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Policy when you:
- Interact with us by contacting us or visiting our web site for whatever reasons;
- Submit information to us, register for an event or training seminar conducted by SCGM or SCGM with any other organisation or person(s);
- Receive information about our events through various means including but not limited to electronic mail, text message, telephone call, social media and the like;
- Download, access and/or process any application on our systems;
- Contact or respond to our promotional messages and/or engage with any staff or volunteer of SCGM through any communication medium, electronic or otherwise;
- Visit our premises or events organised by us in any other physical location(s);
- Provide any third party Personal Data to SCGM and/or our partnering organisations;
- Engage SCGM through any social media on the Internet;
- Authorise any third party representing you; and
- Engage in any process as part of our partnering relationship with you or provide any necessary services required or requested by you in conjunction with the objectives and missions of SCGM.
VI. Our Event Registration Systems
By submitting your Personal Data to SCGM, you warrant the following:
- Our registration system is provided to you on an “as is” basis;
- The use of our system is at your own risk and SCGM is not responsible directly or indirectly for any loss or damage arising from the use of our system or any third party’s system that is connected to our system or our partnering organisation system;
- All Personal Data submitted to us is true, complete and accurate.
VII. Warrant as to Third Party Personal Data Submitted by You
You warrant that you have obtained the express consent of any third party’s Personal Data that you have submitted to SCGM and that SCGM can use the data according to the Policy.
In addition, you agree to indemnify and defend SCGM, its officers, employees and associates against any actions or claims by any aggrieved third party whose Personal Data you have submitted to SCGM.
VIII. Consent Previously Obtained
This Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to SCGM in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which SCGM may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
SCGM may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that the Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as well as any update from time to time on SCGM’s website.
IX. Security of Personal Data
Whilst every reasonable care is taken to safeguard the Personal Data in our possession or control through reasonable technical and organisational security measures, SCGM is not liable for the following:
- any unauthorised misuse, access, disclosure, alteration or any similar risk by a third party;
- any data corruption due to disk and other technical failures;
- a third party’s acts or omissions; and
- any other Internet and or social media sites linked to us which we have no control whatsoever.
X. Right of Correction, Withdrawal of Consent and Cost
You have the right to correct your Personal Data and/or to withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Data at any time by writing to our Data Protection Officer listed below. Upon receiving any such request, SCGM has the right to impose a reasonable administrative fee to attend to your request, which must be received together with your application before we will proceed to act on your request.
XI. Withdrawal and Impact
If consent is withdrawn, you acknowledge and agree that SCGM may not be able to provide you with the necessary services and/or information you require. If you have a commercial relationship and/or pays for any services provided by SCGM, unless otherwise as agreed, you will still be bound by your contract(s) with SCGM unless you choose to terminate the relevant contract according to the term(s) of the contract. SCGM may impose any cancellation and other penalties in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract that you have agreed to.
Personal data will be retained by SCGM unless it is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
This policy is governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in any dispute arising out of or in connection with this policy including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination.
If you have any questions about this Policy, its scope or purpose or would like to request access to or correction of your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Phone: (65) 63398950
E-mail address: email@example.com
Mailing Address: Raffles City P.O. Box 1052, Singapore 911736